Monday, July 25, 2011

July 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with July. I LOVE the 4th of July and the weeks leading up to it listening to the Davis High Marching Band wind their way through our neighborhood streets each week day morning. I love the Kaysville parade (hokey as it may be) but this year I didn't watch it, I walked in it! The DUP had an entry consisting of a float, a horse-drawn (or human-drawn if the horse spooks)  carriage, and a handcart, which I helped push in the parade. It was hot, but lots of fun.



After the parade and the cooling down, the best of the 4th was yet to come! Our traditional family gathering for burgers and the traditional picture of all the grandkids in their 4th of July shirts.
Danielle and David spent the night with me taking in the awesome Kaysville fireworks!

With the 4th festivities behind us, the hate part of the month comes with the middle of July and the memories of losing my beloved husband on July 14, 1999. Twelve years hasn't made the loss any easier to deal with. I miss you David and look forward to eternity with you.

Next the celebration of a special "3" year old in our family. Tyler can't be thee already!  Slow down time - my babies are growing up too fast!!




The 25th of July brings a birthday celebration. The girls and I have a tradition of celebrating our birthdays together by going to lunch or breakfast and usually taking in a temple session. The temple session didn't happen this year as the temples were closed today because it's Monday and the Pioneer Day celebration.  We enjoyed a yummy lunch together, along with Mary Ann, at Olive Garden.
July also brought a new calling as service missionary. I am working with the associates at the DI who are attending technical training at the DATC. This is a one year (minimum) calling and I think it will be extremely rewarding to help these brothers and sisters accomplish their goals.
Next up - August and our ward family trek. Stories and photos to follow next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment